Make time to programme your mind every day. You will become happier, stronger and more creative as your life continues to get better. This is a technique for you to use as a workout every day. As you practice you will find that you are able to complete it in five minutes or so…
- Begin by taking three deep breaths. Each time you breathe in, feel any areas of stress in your body. Each time you breathe out, feel yourself letting go and relaxing into a lovely peaceful state.
- Imagine the qualities of the true self, the self you want to be. See yourself going through your day as your authentic self. Do this several times until it becomes easy to imagine.
- Now, review your top five values. Take a moment to really feel each one, and once again guide your mind through the day ahead. Each time you do this, you are programming yourself to have a wonderful day!
- Use the inner smile to activate your physical release of calm (endorphin response). Smile into every area of yourself and keep feeling better and better and better.
- Review your big dream. Ask your mind to guide you in thought, word and action to do and say exactly the right things to make your dreams come true for the highest good of all concerned.
- What are you most grateful for in your life? Spend at least one minute focused on all the good things you already have and everything that’s right with your world.
- Finish by taking three more deep breaths. This time, allow each breath in to fill you with energy, and each breath out to energize you even more.
By Sue Washington
Sue Washington has dedicated her life to helping people. From early days as a school teacher she trained psychotherapists to an exacting National standard. Her thrust in her later years has been to help people realise their power. You can ask her a question directly at www.suewashington.com