Training sessions will be held at Birmingham East Central.
The course topics include:
Subcutaneous Cannulation Training
- The subcutaneous route for drug and hydration therapy
- The history of subcutaneous infusions
- Drugs used in palliative care
- Subcutaneous cannula insertion
- Monitoring and managing cannula and infusions
T34™ Ambulatory Syringe Pump Training
- Roles and responsibilities in relation to local policy for medical device management
- How the device is to be used safely and effectively in your clinical area
- Relate the criteria for selecting and managing the infusion device, associated disposables and accessories
- Practical session in setting up, managing and troubleshooting the pump
Course duration: 3 hours (including refreshments break)
Verification of Expected Death
- Defining what is meant by an expected death
- Legal, ethical and professional issues on the practice of nurse verification of expected death in a community setting.
- National guidance and local policy/procedure.
- How to assess and verify an expected death using a self-assessment of competency tool.
Course duration: 3.5 hours (including refreshments break)
Cost: £54.00 – £120.00
Book both the morning and afternoon sessions to receive a 10% early bird discount on the total cost of your booking or email email@example.com to secure your place.
Our continuous professional development training is awarded with the Skills for Health Quality Mark and our T34™ Ambulatory Syringe Pump training is RCN accredited. All our courses are delivered by specialist trainers and training counts towards your learning hours and re-validation.